Old Forge Cottage is a newly refurbished, grade II listed cottage with exposed beams and period features, reusing the original materials and resources where possible, yet adding contemporary touches.
We have put a lot of time, effort and love into refurbishing Old Forge Cottage and we hope that it shows.
Old Forge Cottage ground floor consists of
- An entrance area with hooks for coats, dog leads etc and a tray for those muddy boots
- A cosy snug with sofa, armchairs and smart TV and DVD player. The perfect place to escape the family hustle with a book or for the children to relax and watch their own TV programmes whilst the adults get dinner ready. French doors out to the patio
- A welcoming open plan lounge, dining and kitchen space, perfect for family or friend groups
- The lounge, with wooden flooring and oak beams has two comfortable sofas as well as an armchair. There is a 55” smart TV and a cosy gas log-effect fire, perfect for gathering round on a winters evening or post Wyeside walk
- The dining area has a large farmhouse table with handcrafted bench seating and chairs. A highchair is available for our little guests. From here the garden can be seen through the French doors
- The kitchen cupboards are fully stocked with everything you need to make your stay hassle free and you will find an electric double oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave, 4 slice toaster and kettle
- A downstairs WC with hand basin and door hiding away a washing machine, airer, ironing board etc
Old Forge Cottage has 4 stylish and comfortable bedrooms set over a first and second floor.
- Bedroom 1 is spacious with exposed beam details, window seats and a king sized bed. A travel cot is available on request for our smallest guests.
- Bedroom 2, over looks the garden and has another king sized bed. There is also an en-suite shower room, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom 3 is a light, airy twin room with 2 single beds.
- Bedroom 4, situated on the second floor, is a light and spacious attic conversion, but don’t worry there is ample headroom (just watch as you descend the stairs). There is a king sized bed with bespoke headboard feature.
- A retractable stair gate is fitted to the top and bottom of the stairs.
- The courtyard garden which is a secure, walled suntrap, features an original cobblestone square and handmade seating area. There is a small lawn perfect for children and your furry friends, planted borders and a patio area with dining table and 8 chairs and a charcoal BBQ for al fresco dining. Tools are provided but you will need to source your own charcoal.
- There is a designated off street parking space 20 metres away and on street parking for one car with the provided permit – further parking is available less than a 1 minute walk away in a long stay car park for £2.50 for 24hours.
- The main bathroom in Old Forge Cottage is traditional in style and boasts a free standing bath with ball and claw feet. The perfect place to relax and soak after a long walk or to bathe the children. There is also a shower over if baths are not your thing. There is also a high level cistern toilet and hand basin.
- The en-suite has a shower and WC and utilises an old wash stand as a sink unit.
- A further WC can be found downstairs.
About your stay
- Bookings in high season are Friday to Friday. We take weekend bookings and mid-week bookings throughout the year or flexible lengths of stay to suit each group. Please contact us to discuss your requirements
- Bookings are taken via the online enquiry form, telephone or by email and a booking form is sent and booking is secured by a deposit. The balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday.
We provide all of the following:
- Washing up liquid (Starter Pack)
- Dishwashing tablets (Starter Pack)
- Toilet rolls (2 rolls/toilet)
- Tea towels and oven gloves
- Bath towel/hand towel per person.
- Bed linen (Cot bedding is not provided)